Sunday, June 22, 2014

Suicide

I thank God that I've never been suicidal. And that I don't self-medicate with drugs or alcohol like many people with mental health issues.

It makes me sad to see all the suicides that have taken place lately. If you are having suicidal ideation please seek help. Do not use a permanent solution for a temporary problem.

I generally love IOP (Intensive Outpatient Therapy). However, it is really hard to be the only manic person around a bunch of depressed people. I'm too exhausting for them and they get irritated with me. It works both ways. I don't like listening to people discuss their suicide attempts. Life is too precious. The first time I did IOP, during one such discussion of suicide, one man spoke up. He said how could you attempt to take your life when life is beautiful and sacred. I agreed with him. And was glad that he spoke up.

For more information on famous suicides click here and here.

For help contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. You can call them at 1-800-273-8255.




No comments:

Post a Comment