Friday, June 13, 2014

Freelance Writing and Speaking


I just self-nominated to give a TED Talk on bipolar disorder. Here are two on schizophrenia (they're really great and about 15 minutes each):

The Voices in My Head

Seeing Mental Illness

I've also emailed Essence magazine, Ebony magazine, Psychology Today, the Huffington Post, Healthline.com, PsychCentral.com, Health.com, Bipolar Magazine, and Bipolar Blogger Network. I asked if I can be a guest mental health freelance writer or guest blogger.

I'm waiting on a colleague to proofread my Spanish. Then I'm going to submit an Op-Ed to The New York Times. If they don't accept it, I'm going to submit it to Bipolar Magazine and the Star Ledger.

Wish me luck!

I'll let you know as soon as I hear back...

2 comments:

  1. THIS IS AWESOME! I love that you started this blog just a few weeks ago and are going so hard. That is very inspiring to me.

    When you submit to magazines like this, what exactly do you send in? I'm asking because I plan to blog anonymously and I'm wondering just how much that could potentially limit me getting readers and building awareness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm new to this so I don't know how valid my advice is. I considered blogging anonymously, but then I thought about what I ultimately wanted from the blog. Decided I want to be a spokesperson. So used my real name. What will you be blogging about? You should contact the publications you're interested in and ask them about real name vs anonymous.

      Delete