Saturday, December 27, 2014

Blogging Year-in-Review


This has  been quite the year!

When I was hospitalized in 2013 for mania I left the hospital wanting to write a memoir. The mania had me super excited to accomplish that feat. However, my mood had other plans. I became depressed shortly after the mania ended. And I spent the rest of 2013 and half of 2014 in a funk. The depression zapped my motivation and energy. And the memoir I was so excited about did not materialize.

Hospitalized yet again in 2014 for mania, I was re-determined to write a memoir. But this time I decided that starting a blog would be more manageable than a full-length book. Within days of being discharged I started Manic Monique's Meanderings. I was so manic in those early days that I managed to pump out 52 blog posts in the month of June!

However, the reach of my writing did not end with Manic Monique's Meanderings. Here's what else I've been up to:
  • I was published on The Root. Being published on a black publication was really important to me.
  • I was invited to blog for Huffington Post (sometimes I republish MMM posts, sometimes I write new material). My reading audience has grown exponentially. A UK mental health organization even referenced one of my Huff Post articles. I'm global, y'all!
  • I was interviewed by BP Magazine. The interview will be published spring 2015. I have a subscription to BP so I was really excited for this opportunity! 
  • I was interviewed by and featured on the Real Brown Girls blog.
  • For Mental Health Awareness Week, I guest blogged for Strut in Her Shoes.
  • I was interviewed by MyndTalk, an internet radio show.
  • I was interviewed by Black Women Empowerment, another internet radio show.
  • And social media has been such a godsend.
I have no idea what 2015 will have in store for me, but I'm looking forward to continuing to share my story.

Thank you for reading my blog. Make sure you come back :)

7 comments:

  1. This is also a very good post which I really enjoyed reading. It is not everyday that I have the possibility to see something like this.. Canada’s Premier Web Marketing /SEO /SMM /SEM Company!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on all of your accomplishments! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! The impact and success of the blogging has exceeded what I thought. At the start of the summer I said I wanted to become a bipolar spokesperson. I'm one step closer.

      Delete