Sunday, January 15, 2017

Happy New Year

Happy New Year, dear Readers!

One of my New Year's resolutions is to blog at least once per month. After I published my 5-part mania series in October, I stopped writing. I'm hoping to change that and to write more consistently.

After my most recent manic episode (September 2016), I had a lot of self-reflecting to do. I grew tired of taking my meds, so I began to take them inconsistently last summer. I didn't notice an immediate impact, but my spotty pill taking would eventually lead to a manic episode. Because of the consequences, I'm still kicking myself in the ass about that decision not to take my meds as prescribed.

There were two major consequences: more credit card debt and grad school fallout. I've accepted the fact that I'm in credit card debt, so when all was said and done, I did cringe at having a higher balance, but I've accepted that I spend when I'm manic. In the future, I'm hoping to use my mom and my fiance to help me control the spending. (Yup, fiance! I proposed when I was manic. We had been discussing getting married for a few months, so it wasn't entirely a manic, impulsive decision).

However, unlike the spending, I'm still struggling to come to terms with the grad school fallout. At the start of the fall semester, I was enrolled in three classes and a yearlong internship. After I became manic, I, along with the school administrators and my internship supervisor, decided that I should withdraw from my internship so I could focus on my recovery. Two of the three classes that I was taking were tied to the internship, so once I withdrew from one I had to withdraw from the others. That left me in one class.

No longer interning three days per week, I began applying for full-time work. I figured that if I couldn't at least intern, at least I could make some extra money. At the end of October I began working at a nearby high school in a position that fits into my needs. This job is a one-year assignment, so it'll end in June when the school year does. That is perfect for me and my grad school schedule. I'll hopefully work at a summer enrichment program for students/camp. Then, come September I'll be interning again.

Even though leaving the internship was best for my well-being and recovery, I can't help but feel disappointed. Disappointed that I won't be graduating when I originally thought. Disappointed in myself, because I brought this on myself. And disappointed that I won't be in classes with the two good friends I made in my program. I feel stagnant. Even though I know it's only temporary.







6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your engagement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Monique, I hope you are doing well! I found your blog after looking around the internet for other experiences of teachers with bipolar disorder. I have to say it has helped me a lot. You have a wonderful charming voice and an honest wisdom. I hope (for my own sake) you decide to continue with the blog. But if not, I hope you are happy and healthy and wish you the best on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Klonopin is a gentle hush that quiets the symphony of anxieties inside your head. It's a soft hug that melts away tension, muscle by aching muscle. With each breath, the storm within calms, replaced by a serene stillness that allows you to finally exist, not just hold on. Buy Klonopin online without a prescription

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buy klonopin online in USA is available in both brand-name and generic forms, with the generic version being less expensive. Online pharmacies offer a convenient and discreet way to purchase Klonopin, but it is important to ensure that you are buying from a reputable source to avoid counterfeit or expired medications.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When purchasing Klonopin online, be sure to provide accurate information about your medical history and current medications to ensure that it is safe for you to take this medication. Your healthcare provider may need to adjust your dosage or monitor your progress while taking Klonopin to ensure its effectiveness and safety. klonopin online without prescription

    ReplyDelete