Friday, April 24, 2015

Cape May

My boyfriend's birthday was a week ago. To celebrate we took a trip to Cape May, NJ, a quaint beach town. It was both our first times to Cape May and we loved it. We stayed at a beautiful bed and breakfast one block away from the Atlantic Ocean. It was nice to get away.

I haven't been blogging much because I was hospitalized for a manic episode for two weeks in March. And now I'm in an intensive outpatient program (IOP) three days per week. I just finished my third week, I still have three more weeks to go. Don't worry. I have plenty to blog about. And over the next two months I will be writing about my experiences with this manic episode (my fourth); my 13-day hospitalization; IOP; and my normal, non-bipolar life.

Hence, why the weekend getaway down the shore ("down the shore" is a Jersey saying) was so rejuvenating.

Here are some pictures of our weekend. We stayed this past Saturday to Monday.

 The obligatory feet-in-the-sand shot.
 
 Me and the ocean.
 
Had to take a selfie.

A beautiful capture of the sun and the shoreline.

Our bed & breakfast. A gorgeous Victorian home.

 A town trolley. Unfortunately, we were unable to take a tour around town.
There's always next time!
 
Me and the town bell.

Even though it's spring time, we still have cold days here in NJ. I had to buy a sweatshirt
because I didn't pack a jacket. The sign I'm holding says: "Take vacations. Go as many places as you can. You can always make more money. You can't always make memories."
Indeed. I'm hoping to incorporate more travel into my self-care.

My favorite picture of the entire trip. We took a bus from Manhattan to Cape May.
This is us on the return trip home.

4 comments:

  1. The sound of the waves and the smell of the ocean is renewing. I know it's one of my favorites places to go.
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you on both accounts. Nature is so relaxing. Just as much as I love looking at the water, I also love when the flowers bloom in springtime. Now, if only it stayed consistently warm!

      Delete
  2. Your post is really brilliant. I've got many important tips from your post and noted few of them. Hope you will continue writing...

    pure cambogia slim

    ReplyDelete